Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Quick Glance into September

So, I just spent the last 2 1/2 hrs updating my blog, and only  got through with the first 7 days of actual College. I told Mom what I did, and she told me to just summarize September ( I don't have to go into detail day by day).

With that said...Here we Go...

The first month nothing really exciting happened.

Well I guess sports started up...Morgan made it on a Competitive Soccer team and I made it on a Competitive Track team. The funny thing about "Competitive" at BYUI is that it's not like real competitive sports. We just go against other teams within the school. There's no such thing as going on a bus and traveling to a rival school and competing against multiple teams. Nope. At least in soccer there are a few teams they play against. In track,  we only have 2 teams (Spartans and Titans). Not much challenge or anything. We don't even practice separately, we practice with the other team. So we know who is going to win and stuff (Not like in HS where we had no idea who was going to win or know who we could beat).

Morgan's also on 2 rec teams for soccer...The Hot Kool Aids (I-team and others) and Bangarangatangs (Ward team).

Sep. 20...Callings!

I am the photographer for the Blue RS! I get to take pics of all our activities. (Nothing happened this month, so no pics.)

Sep. 25...AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Couldn't help myself running (walking really fast) to Walmart before track practice to get Avengers.
...BEST $25 of College Money Spent...
We watched it after practices. Had Popcorn, Ice Cream flavored Oreos (really good, kinda like cotton candy texture with filling), and skittles!
 
Sep. 27...was first games for both teams.

1st was kool aids...they won 1-0
2nd was ward team...lost 0-3...but Morgan did knock down a guy :)

Sep. 29...first Track Meet!

Went to sign in, BUT I wasn't on the list. I showed up every day (except for Thursday) of tryouts last week, you would have thought I would be on the list. Oh well. Went to dorm and printed off proof (Quizzes) that I was actually on the team. Luckily I wasn't the only one who had this problem, ALL the distance runners weren't on the list. Once everything got figured out, I was able to run (No jersey). Only problem they wouldn't tell you when you were running, so you could never get a good warm up in. Anyway, I ran the 400 in 78.9 seconds. Not bad, but not best. best is 63ish and that's at the end of a 3 month season. Our season is only 4 weeks. Not enough time to get in full shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment