Wednesday, June 20, 2012

How The Name Originated

Why "Clearly...Something Stupid"? Lets break it down by each phrase, "Clearly" and "Something Stupid".
"Clearly" came from my AP English class, where we took practice multiple choice tests out of  Dr. Richard Vogel's book. When our class was done taking each test, our teacher would read us the correct answers as well as the explanations to why the answers were what they were. It seemed like 9 out of 10 times each statement either started with or had the word "Clearly" somewhere in the explanation. So "Clearly" became the inside joke throughout the year, and brings back the fun memories of English class when we made fun of Dr. Richard Vogel's abundant use of "Clearly".
 The next phrase, "Something Stupid" is what I say when referring to me attempting something artsy. I have a picture in my mind of what everything I want to do looks like, but have a hard time transforming the mental picture into the real picture. For example, when I got a smash book, I didn't want to smash anything because I was afraid I was going to ruin it by putting "Something Stupid" in it (which there is no such thing as smashing "Something Stupid" in a smash book).  Or for school projects, when I want to do something different and challenging but not realizing that I only have 2 days to complete it, the finished product usually is way off from what I originally envisioned it to look like. You see, I don't like doing the ordinary assignment, I like to think outside the box. But when I'm working on a project that is too elaborate, it usually ends up being "Something Stupid".

No comments:

Post a Comment