Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Heat In The Kitchen


Today I decided to make pretzels. I've been wanting to make them for while now, but never actually devoted time for it. I started making the dough around 2ish, let it rise till about 6 and then finally finished the last two at 8:30.

How a pretzel becomes a Pretzel:

Whenever I cook, I seem to get flour EVERYWHERE!

...Flour on my phone...
...Flour on Morgan's Cup...
 Patience is a Virtue:
...The dough rose for 3 1/2 hours (that's 2 1/2 extra hours)...
 Pretzel Time:

...After the dough rises, cut it in strips and shape it into a pretzel...
...Then you bake it in the oven; following the oven, place the pretzels into boiling water...
...When Pretzels are done boiling, place on cookie sheet and brush with water/egg white mixture and sprinkle Kosher Salt and bake in oven again...

...Bake till Golden and Enjoy...

...Yummy...
Made 20 Pretzels...dad ate 4 of them (at least)...

This was my first time making them by myself, I've made them once before with Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment