Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 1: Self Portrait

As I mentioned Yesterday, I am going to celebrate August 1st by starting a 30 Day Photography Challenge. Today's Topic was a Self Portrait. In article thingy I read, it said to have the picture describe who you are and what your going through in life, or something that describes you. He gives different pointers, such as using a tripod or a mirror (you can read the article here). I had many ideas go through my head; college packing, reading a book, me looking in a mirror with past memories in the background...ect. I was in our room looking around for inspiration when I found the perfect thing...my Captain America Shield, Thor's Hammer, and his Shield and Dagger. The next challenge was finding where my masks went for these super heroes. Luckily I found them under our bed. Then the next step was finding out what to wear, so I looked up pictures of both Captain America and Thor.

Now the hard part came...setting up the camera. I set up Dad's tripod outside, and set my camera to a timer to 10 sec (took a while looking through my manual, but I found it), and then it was all trial and error until I found the perfect position and pose to capture the heroes.

Up first is The First Avenger: Captain America...

...Ooops...guess I can't do a stand up pose (at least not with the angle the camera was positioned in)...
...need to zoom a little closer...
...scoot up just a little bit...
...perfect, but I cut off a little bit of my helmet...
...nice, now just have to crop it and it will even better...
...and there you go, my final product.

That concludes the Captain America session, please enjoy the next couple of slides, that were taken while I was changing my outfit...

"Raaaaaaaaaaaaa...

...wwwwwwwwww....

...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

,,,Did I scare you, tell me honestly" (Rex, Toy Story)

...Ok, I'm back. Hopefully you got a laugh with the above photos of Morgan's go with her self portraits.

Now back to me. There was still some trial and error involved in my second shoot, but the main factor was the cape.

Introducing, Thor: The God of Thunder...

...if this was my cape, I would have just cut off the tag, but because this belongs to Mom (it's her flash cape she got for the Mud Run, but probably won't wear it in the mud), and she is subbing right now, I had to make do with it by turning the cape inside out...
...in this one you cant really see the cape...
...too much cape, and you can see the Flash logo...
...finally a decent pic, and you can hardly make out the lightning bolt...
...just a little and crop and here you go
 Besides the final cropped pictures, these are all unedited, and done purely by myself (besides a couple of times when Morgan would tell me to move slightly over. Anyway, if I would edit the final pictures, I would make the reds more bolder, and maybe a slightly brighter background that would pop a little more than the plain dead grass you see now. Anyway, it was getting really hot, and I was sweating under the helmets, only if it was a little more cooler, I would have tried out Hawk Eye (Using Hunter's bow 'n arrow), Black Widdow (with Mom's "Laura Croft" BB Gun, *if I could find it), and maybe Iron Man and Hulk (if I could figure out a cool way to do them).

This concludes Day 1 of 30. Come back tomorrow for Rule of Thirds.





No comments:

Post a Comment